Thursday 9 December 2010

Inspiration

The core inspiration of my work is a celebration and dedication to the immense beauty and fragility of the natural world.
My sculptures are explored from a feminine viewpoint and inspired by my relationship and fascination with nature, the land, water, and the environment. My emotional and intellectual involvement with my subject provides the springboard for innovations.
Current inspirations stem from places that captivate and hold an emotional and visual pull, from certain areas of coast, reef, field, and wood.  To the uninhibited growth of lichens, mosses and fungi. The eroticism of unfurling flowers. The awakening of seeds confident of their purpose. The wild places under log piles housing micro worlds. I‘m exploring the rare, the everyday, the endangered, the ordinary and the spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment